Call us at 303-937-7181 or click the links below for more information:
** If you own or manage commercial properties, click EPA Updates video. **
Getting The Best Service From Your Power Wash Company
If they don’t have them all, think twice before you hire them!
1. Guaranteed Service – If they don’t have faith in their work, why should you? Call someone else!
2. Commercial Insurance – You never know when an accident might happen – that’s why they’re called accidents! Make sure the company you hire carries all three commercial insurance coverages.
- Worker’s Compensation – If they don’t have it, don’t let them on your property! If they slip or fall, you’ll get to pay the medical bills.
- Liability – Minimum $1 million, most commercial jobs require $2-3 million. This covers the big mistakes – like ruining your house.
- Auto – Make sure it’s commercial. If they pull a trailer behind their personal pickup and only have personal insurance, they’re probably not covered for business use – just in case they run into or over something.
3. Experience – The equipment should look like it’s been used. If it’s brand new, chances are so are they! Do you want to pay for their training?
4. Water Recovery – You can’t just let all the contaminated water run down the storm drain. EPA fines can be pretty steep – civil penalties of the Clean Water Act can get as high as $10,000 per day with criminal penalties up to $25,000 per day! But not all jobs need water recovery. If they don’t know the regulations and have the required permits and equipment, they’re putting themselves – and you – at risk.
5. Real References – Not just some initials behind a half sentence on their website. References show they do good work and take care of their clients. BBB membership is good, too, but check their record, not just that they’re a member.
6. Professional Equipment – 2500-3000 psi – The materials – soap or degreaser – should do most of the work, but good pressure is necessary for getting off heavy grease build-ups, mud, or bugs. But if they brag about having more than 3000 psi, they probably don’t know what their doing. 3000 psi is enough to cut concrete!
- Hot water machines – Most soaps work better with hot water. Some better soaps contain a mild waxing agent that only works with hot water.
- Soft-medium bristle brushes. Most vehicles should be cleaned with a medium bristle brush, but special graphics need a soft bristle brush.
Call us at 303-937-7181 or click these links for more information:
Related pages and articles