Anyone that’s used a commercial grade power washing machine knows it can do some serious damage if not used properly. They can chew up brick, asphalt, even concrete! You have to know how to use the equipment the right way or you’ll tear the surface up instead of cleaning it.
Any power washing company worth hiring knows it takes a thorough understanding of the equipment, the surfaces – and the materials to clean them – to do the job right.
- An amateur might think it’s ok to clean graffiti off brick with just hot water and high pressure.
- Someone with modest experience should know that getting just a little too close will rip the mortar out from between the brick.
- A professional will know that before they touch the graffiti, they need to inspect the brick – 20 year old brick doesn’t hold up to pressure or chemicals as well as 5 year old brick. And it isn’t the power that removes the graffiti!
But it isn’t just knowledge that makes the professional stand out – it takes skill, too. For example:
- It takes a steady arm and an eye for detail to clean anything off of wood without damaging the surface of the wood.
- There’s a method to washing grease off machinery – without it, the grease just gets splattered and smeared from one surface to the other.
A professional knows the limitations of power washing.
Some contaminants bond with the surface while others seep below the surface.
- For instance, grease bonds with asphalt making it almost impossible to clean more than a thin layer of the surface. But on concrete, the grease will seep below the surface – leaving a stain that can be lightened or faded, but will never go completely away.
So don’t be fooled by a power washing company that brags only about the power of their equipment. Look for knowledge about proper materials and techniques. You’ll preserve the quality and appearance of the surface being cleaned, and get the most bang for your buck.
Call us at 303-937-7181 or click these links for more information:
Related pages and articles